Hello Parents and welcome to another great school year at Indialantic Elementary! I’d like to take this opportunity to share a few things with you as room mom.
I met with Mrs. Donovan and discussed the planned parties, events and classroom requests for the year. We will need many volunteers to help out with all of these. J We are so lucky to have a wonderful teacher who genuinely cares and loves making a difference. Each year we ask the teacher to make a list of their favorite things for gift ideas, etc. She has requested we give back to the children through the class wish list. A pay-it-forward idea! Excellent leadership if you ask me. A few items below are what is currently requested:
Class Wish List
· 8x10 or larger Class Rug (flame resistant, low profile)
· Vacuum (New or Used)
· Printer Ink (Brand: Cannon 240 or 241)
· Tennis balls new or used (Qty of 108) Used as caps on chairs for sound barrier
· Book - White Giraffe (r Qty of 18, rotational book between classes)
Our children have a full and exciting year to look forward to. There will be Fall Party, Winter Party, End of Year and other events throughout the year. If any parent has a special idea or craft that you think would be good to try with the class during these events, please let me know. Below is a list of upcoming events in the classroom:
· PTO Sponsored Family Night Dinner “Movie on the Back Lawn” featuring Dolphin Tale, Thursday Sept 20th – Concession @ 6:45p / Movie @ 7:30p
· Fall Party – Friday, October 26th 11:50 -12:50
Each upcoming event a request will be sent out to contribute by a monetary donation or a sign-up sheet for items that are needed for that particular parties or events. If there are items on the class list that you would like to help out with please notify me.
Communication about upcoming events will be sent home in folders and also placed on Mrs. Donovan’s blog. http://kimberlydonovan.blogspot.com/
I am looking forward to an exciting year as we watch our children learn and
grow. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please do not hesitate to email me. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mrs Donovan’s Room Mom