Donovan & Whitner
Directions for spelling this month: Complete four different activities a week in order to prepare for Friday spelling tests. Write your name at the top of the page(s), and clip turn it in by Friday Morning.
1. Hidden Words: Draw a winter picture and HIDE your spelling words within it.
2. Practice Test: Have an adult quiz you on your spelling words.
3. Advertisement: Create an advertisement for a real or imaginary product using at least 10 of your spelling words.
4. Poem: Write a poem (or poems) of your choice using at least 10 of your spelling words. Some choices are haiku, concrete, two voice, free verse, limerick, rhyming, or letter poem. You can look these up online.
5. Pronoun Sentences: Write a sentence for each of your spelling words. Include and underline a pronoun for each sentence.
6. Tech Spelling: Use word, Google docs, Educreations, or another program to write/type your spelling words using a variety of fonts and colors.
7. Spelling Stairs: Write all of your words in stair format. Add one letter each time until you get to the end of the word.
8. Snapshot!: Find a picture in a magazine to write about. Write a paragraph describing this picture in detail using at least 10 of your spelling words. Include your five senses when writing this descriptive paragraph! I should be able to make a mental picture from your words!