Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Hatching Chicks in Class

Next week will have an incubator in class with eggs. If all goes well we should have some chicks hatching soon. I told the kids they are welcome to have one if they got permission from their family. I just adopted two chickens of my own. I will tell you that you will need a coop and atleast 2 chickens. They don't like to be alone. It's big investment and they do poop alot. To me it's worth it...they are really fun. If you think you may like to have some chickens please email me. They will need a heat lamp the first few weeks before they can be outside in a coop. Supplies can be purchased at Tractor Supply on 1-92 near Sam's Club. Coops can be made or found at Tractor Supply as well.

This is a great way to end the year for our students. I hope they will always remember this science activity.

My cat and chick. One big happy family!