Discovering Quality Literature
All students are expected to participate and share their creativity as well as their writing skills, by writing and illustrating a book. The following guidelines will help your child as he/she writes, illustrates and binds a book to be shared with the rest of the class.
· Every child should participate by writing an original book.
· A piece should be written that fits into one of genres provided by the teacher.
· The writing idea should be the student’s.
· Parental help is suggested for “publishing”.
· Editing should be complete, with all errors corrected.
· Writing should be neat and legible. If typed, fonts should be readable.
· Original illustrations are encouraged.
· Books should be bound.
· Each book should include a title page at the beginning and an author’s page at the end; with the child’s name, current picture, and a short biography.
· Books are due no later than April 30, 2013.
Two books will be chosen from each fourth grade class to be entered into the school-wide Discovering Quality Literature competition at Indialantic Elementary. Winners at the school level will compete with other winning books in the county. Good luck to all!
Animal Story (factual)
Animal Story (fictional)
Handbook and/or Guide
Innovation on Text
Wordless Picture Book